2014 World Ski & Snowboard Festival - Apr 20, 2014
|Date:||Sunday, April 20, 2014|
|Price:||Varies, some free events|
North America's Largest Ski & Snowboard Festival
Tourism Whistler, Whistler Blackcomb and Watermark Communications present the 19th annual World Ski and Snowboard Festival, North America's largest annual winter sports and music festival. The World Ski & Snowboard Festival is a 10 day and night showcase of the best of snow sports,music, arts and mountain culture.
Competitions, Concerts and Culture
Featuring major professional ski and snowboarding competitions, the largest annual free outdoor concert series in Canada, cultural events that match up art lovers with the art makers, career making fashion, photography and film showcases, the best spring snow conditions in the world, and burn the candle at both ends nightlife, the World Ski and Snowboard Festival is the poster child for the ultimate ski and snowboard festival experience. In blazing the way for the youth of tomorrow, the World Ski and Snowboard Festival embodies the mantra: ‘Party in April. Sleep in May.’
Many Events to Choose From
The 2014 WSSF event schedule also includes a number of non-ticketed events, such as the State of the Art gallery in the Grand Foyer of the Whistler Conference Centre, free daily shows at the Outdoor Concert Series at the Main Stage in Skier’s Plaza, the Bud Light Après Series and Bud Light Freeride Club Series, and ski and snowboard events taking place on Whistler Blackcomb.
Today's WSSF Events
- The World Skiing Invitational
- Demo Park
- Skiing & Snowboarding on Whistler Blackcomb
- State of the Art
- Outdoor concert series - 2:30 to 5:30 PM
- Whistler Dog Fest
- Sea-to-Sky Walk a Mile in her Shoes
- The Original Wailers - 4:00 PM
- Bud Light Freeride Club Series
- Super Brawl Sunday, an invitational Roller Derby Bout where Whistler’s Black Diamond Betties will take on the Sunshine Coast Roller Girls in a high-adrenaline match in the Whistler Conference Centre.
- Best of the Fest, a recap of the highlights from the entire Festival where the winning videos from the OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown and Intersection will be shown, as well as the winning slideshow from the OLYMPUS Pro Photographer Showdown. Best of the Fest will take place at the GLC.
Ready to Book or Need More Info?
The World Ski & Snowboard Festival is the largest annual winter sports and music festival in North America. For more information about all WSSF events and to purchase tickets online, visit the World Ski & Snowboard Festival website.
Contact us to book your 2014 WSSF accommodations or get more info!