WinterPRIDE: What TAG approved & "Gay-friendly" Means to Us
With Whistler WinterPRIDE just around the corner, we're psyched to be the Host Hotel. But we're also a TAG approved hotel, and our support of the LGBT community goes far beyond having a blast sleeping with you all one week a year.
We're Pro-social by Nature
Being your host hotel for WinterPRIDE is important to us. We got into the hotel business because we love people. We love helping you, making sure you get where you're supposed to be, dressed well and looking sharp. We love welcoming you back after a long day on the slopes, warming your boots for you so they are dry and comfy the next morning. We love seeing you off for a night on the town, and making sure your room is perfect so you're rested for the next day.
But it Goes Deeper Than That
We knew that it was one thing to just be an awesome modern hotel with a super social team. Yeah, of course you're going to have a great time with us, but we're not looking for a one night stand here.
We want more. So we went further. We are a TAG approved hotel, which means that we:
- Enforce non-discriminatory policies including sexual orientation.
- Treat heterosexual and domestic partners equally in personnel policies.
- Provide LGBT diversity and sensitivity training for employees.
- Empower customers and employees to be "watchdogs" of our gay and lesbian business practices.
- Give back to our community.
- Employ staff who reflect the diversity of our community.
And that is great. But we went further than that. We are not only a partner with Gay Whistler, which means that
- We do not discriminate in our hiring and employment practices
- We are proud to serve the gay and lesbian market
- We will never laugh at you but can laugh with you
- We will treat all our customers equally with respect, honesty and sincerity
- We will not assume~we will ask
- We will offer the same security if not more to ensure your safety and secure feeling in our establishment
- We will educate our employees and partners on sensitivity issues facing the gay and lesbian population
- We will not tolerate rude, lewd or hateful language from our employees, guests, and employees towards others
...we are also the Host Hotel for WinterPRIDE. This means that we get to be the Party Central for Winter PRIDE. Which we love.
Enough of the Serious Stuff. Back to the Party!
As your Host Hotel, then, you know that we're going to treat you to a fun time and you're going to feel awesome. We don't want to brag, but we wanted you to know how we feel about all the people who choose to sleep with us. We know you have a lot of choices, and we know we're probably not your first. But we want to be not only the best you've ever had, but we want you back. Again and again.
So this year, and really, whether you stay with us or not, let us help you keep track of the 65 events going on over 8 days. We'll know where you're supposed to be and we can give you suggestions on what to wear. And while we may very well laugh with you (It's just in our blood; we can't help it) we will never, never laugh at you.
Posted by Aava Whistler Hotel on Wednesday, January 22, 2014