2015 Turkey Sale Preview
With the arrival of October comes one of the most anticipated holiday events of the year! Clear your schedule folks because the 2015 Whistler Blackcomb Turkey Sale is back this October 9 - 12.
The sale attracts guests from all over B.C and even some keener's from Washington State. Why would these people drive 100's of kilometers to buy snowboard pants and skis? But, the savings of course! During the sale, you can find brand new ski and board gear up to 50% off! This includes huge savings on top brands in the industry like Burton, North Face, Atomic, Smith, Rossignol, Volkl, Columbia, Salomon & many more.
So where does this savings spectacular take place? Join us at the Blackcomb Day Lodge located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain all four days. During the event building is filled to the brim with everything from skis, snowboards, jackets, pants, goggles, poles, gloves, shoes, clothing, thermals, boots, bindings and everything else snow related.
Locals Tips | To help you get ready for turkey sale madness we've prepared 5 useful local tips
- Early Bird Gets the Worm | There's only so many sizes in each item, so popular sizes tend to disappear quickly. Make sure you get their early each day and lay first claim to your hot ticket item.
- Try, Try Again | In an effort to keep supplies afloat, new items and sizes are restocked each night. So if you couldn't find that jacket you liked in your size, try coming in the next morning -chances are it may be restocked.
- Need a Turkey | They call it a Turkey Sale for a reason -- you can actually buy a turkey at the front door. Turkey's are only $15 cash, make sure you have cash! All proceeds from the turkey's go towards the Whistler Food Bank, so you helping a good cause too.
- Check out the Village | People who have never been to Whistler during Turkey Sale weekend usually don't realize that the mountains aren't the only place to catch Turkey Sale fever. In fact the entire town usually hosts sidewalk sales and special events. Often times the deals in the Village are just as good or better than the actual Turkey Sale.
- Don't Forget to Check Out the Swap | Happening at the same time as the Turkey Sale is the Ski & Snowboard Swap. Think giant garage sale for ski and board gear -- details below.
Whistler Ski & Snowboard Swap
Conveniently held right outside of the Turkey Sale at the Day Lodge is the Whistler Ski & Snowboard Swap. The event is held in a giant outdoor tent and features huge savings on hill related clothing and gently used ski and snowboard gear. This is where Whistler Blackcomb sells their rental gear from the past year. The tent also allows guests to bring their used gear and attempt to sell or swap it with other individual buyers. Think of the Swap as a giant garage sale for ski and snowboard equipment. If you're looking to stretch your dollar to the limit, we'd advise starting at the Ski & Snowboard Swap.
Posted by Aava Whistler Hotel on Thursday, October 01, 2015