Canada's Coolest Film Fest, Baby! Fun, Free and Fabulous
Super Cool Film Festival Coming Up? Yeah, We Knew That
It happens every year around this time. Only now it's been officially recognized as cool. Uh, oh...we know...Yep. We're going to say it anyway:
We loved Whistler Film Festival before it was cool :)
In fact, Aava has loved the Whistler Film Festival every year — well, every year we've been in Whistler that is.
And this is the 15th annual Whistler Film Festival, so they've been rockin' the cool festival vibe for a long time.
This year, look for over 80 innovative and original films on six screens at five theatres. Wow.
And on top of that, there's the pitch sessions, industry workshops, premieres and did we mention the parties?
Yes — We Said Parties.
From the Music Cafe to the Awards Brunch to the R:Rated Party, there's lots of festive happening in Whistler during the festival.
Some events are open only to industry or festival credential pass holders, but check out the Tourism Whistler listing for more details and to learn more about each event.
Films You Must See
Feet Banks, over on the Insider's Blog, interviews Paul Gatton each year to ask what five movies are "must see" flicks.
We really think you should read his entire post about the festival to get a true feel for the event, but in essence, the five movies you cannot miss include:
- Thursday December 3, 2015 8:30 PM Village 8 Cinema
- Sunday December 6, 2015 3:15 PM Rainbow Theatre
Al Purdy Was Here:
- Friday December 4, 2015 6:30 PM Village 8 Cinema
- Saturday December 5, 2015 12 PM Village 8 Cinema
- Sunday December 6, 2015 8 PM Whistler Conference Centre Ballroom (Closing Gala)
- Friday December 4, 2015 2:30 PM Village 8 Cinema
- Saturday December 5, 2015 10 AM Maury Young Arts Centre (formerly Millennium Place)
- Thursday December 3, 2015 12 PM Village 8 Cinema
- Friday December 4, 2015 8:30 PM Village 8 Cinema
Leading Canadian Film Festival
That's right. Whistler is so much more than just a place to shred and shred some more and then go for the best après in North America.
It's also got culture to burn. What started with one screen at one little theatre tucked away in a corner of Whistler Village has become one of the places to see new films, meet industry leaders and pitch your next greatest idea.
Because of this incredible artistic vibe, the Whistler Film Festival is one event you do not want to miss in Whistler this year. It's coming very soon, so make your plans to attend even sooner!
Posted by Aava Whistler Hotel on Friday, November 27, 2015