Show Us Your Best Clips — WSSF Participaction!
The fun is about to begin. Whistler is about to turn it up to 11 so you can party in April. And sleep in May. You know the drill. It's almost time for the World Ski and Snowboard Festival to bring non-stop music, culture, fashion and competition to the Village.
And, as you know, the WSSF is all about being inclusive -- the longest free concert series in Canada, for example. This year, they're stepping it up a bit.
Along with world famous photographers and filmers, you could have your first 6 seconds of fame on the big screen in front of 1500 people.
And you might win some money at the same time. One lucky clip is going to get a whopping $300 for those 6 seconds of powdery goodness. That's $21,600 an hour :)
Bring 'Em Your Best
The World Ski and Snowboard Festival is teaming up with King Snow and Forecast Ski Magazine. They want your best clips of bails, jumps, tricks, spins, what-have-you. It's all good. And one will be the best.
The Best Clip Contest
Get some air and win an easy $300. Grab a friend, a board or a couple sticks, a camera (or phone or drone or whatever you kids are using these days) and catch some air. It's completely okay if you bail. Better if it's epic.
The very best clip is going to get the $300, but a bunch of clips are going to be edited together to be part of Intersection. Your gorgeous self might end up on the big screen in front of 1500 people on April 15th.
The contest takes place on April 9th and or April 10th. You do have to register for this event, so don't start filming yet! The maximum 6 second-long films can be of anything ski or snowboard related — bails, jumps, spins, whatever. As long as the film footage is 1080p you're good to go (check the site for full details).
A Few Small Details to Get Out of the Way
1. You need to register for this event. Register inside the Rendezvous Lodge or Roundhouse Lodge on Saturday, April 9th or Sunday, April 10th between 11:00 and 2:00.
There is no fee - This contest is free.
2. You also need to sign a waiver. When you register, there will be a waiver to sign. This is a requirement.
3. You also need to be wearing the wristband you receive at registration. This wristband needs to be visible in the clip you submit.
4. Submit up to 2 clips (max 6 seconds each) that evening to watermarkwhistler.wetransfer.com. Make sure you include the rider's full name and contact info in the message.
The clips must be horizontal, 16:9, 1080p x 1920p
Clips must be submitted no later than 11:00 pm April 10th.
5. The audience will have their say after the event on April 15th by following @kingsnowmag and @forecastski and liking the top clips to determine who wins the People's Choice Award.
WSSF is All About Inclusivity
This event is a great addition to the already stellar WSSF action cycle. Bringing days and nights of music, competition, photography, film, fashion, culture and a celebratory vibe to the Village, April has become the month to remember in Whistler.
Let your 6 second video be a record of a small taste of WSSF 2016. We hope to see you on the big screen this April 15th. Happy filming!
Photo Credit Snowboard: Rob Lemay, King Snow
Photo Credit Ski: Travis Persaud, Forecast Ski
Posted by Aava Whistler Hotel on Thursday, March 31, 2016